One who successful carries out a project on solar panel installation is referred to as a solar panel installer. In this article, we will learn about solar panel installation, skills needed, salary of a solar panel installer and the likes.
A solar panel installer is a professional who installs solar panels on homes or businesses. Solar panels are a great way to generate electricity, and by installing them you can help reduce your carbon footprint. However, it is very important to hire a qualified professional to do a good job, otherwise, you could get scammed by someone who can’t do the job properly. So lets learn about solar panel installation now.
What exactly does a solar panel installer do?
– Asks about the electricity needs of the customer (ie. how many appliances are powered and at what times). This helps the installer to determine how much power the home or business requires and how much energy will be produced by the solar panels.
– The installer will determine the type and size of the panels required to meet the customer’s energy needs. They will also determine the roof space needed to install the panels. Installing a solar system is a complex job and requires a specialist who has lots of experience to do the job correctly.
– They will make sure the roof is in good condition and that the panels will not damage it in any way. They will then install brackets to hold the panels in place and install cabling to connect them to the home. Finally, they will connect them to a circuit breaker so that the system can be easily controlled.
– During the installation, they should answer any questions that the customer has about the system and instruct them on how to use it safely. The installer will also advise the customer on how to maintain it properly so that it will last for as long as possible.
READ ALSO: Cost of Natural Gas in Nigeria
How much does a solar panel installer make monthly?
The average annual income for a solar panel installer is around $40,000 per year, although some can make more depending on their skills and experience. This money is earned through a combination of salary and commissions.
Most installers are paid an hourly wage of around $15-$20 per hour, although those who work in busy urban areas may be paid a higher rate than this. Some installers also receive commissions based on the number of solar panels they install or the profit they make from selling the systems.
What are the qualifications required for a solar panel installer?
A solar panel installer should have some formal education and training in this field before they begin working as a contractor. He or she should have a trade qualification such as a Certificate III in Electrotechnology or a Diploma of Engineering Technology.
Other courses that qualify one to function as a solar panel installer include certificate or diploma courses in carpentry, building construction, and electrical work.
A solar panel installer course will provide both theoretical and practical knowledge. It will also include practical training in how to install and maintain solar power systems. A solar panel installer should also be trained in the use of the different types of equipment used for installing these systems including drills, grinders, ladders, and scaffolding.
He or she could receive this training through a TAFE or apprenticeship program. Gaining experience on the job by working as an assistant to a solar panel installer is also a great way to become qualified for this type of work.
The installer would learn safety procedures and how to work efficiently while completing a solar panel installation. He or she would also learn how to troubleshoot any issues with the system and address them promptly.
Is being a solar panel installer difficult?
Learning how to correctly install a solar system can be a time-consuming process, but it can also be very rewarding for someone who has a passion for renewable energy and the environment. Like any job, it takes hard work and dedication to become successful at solar panel installation.
Skills Needed by a Solar Panel Installer
- Basic computer and internet skills for record keeping and communication purposes.
- Initiative – to work independently without being micromanaged.
- Excellent time management – to be able to complete a project on time and to a high standard.
- Physical strength – to be able to lift and install heavy panels on rooftops.
- Electrical skills – be able to safely install cables and run conduits for a solar system. Electrical skills are one of the most important skills required of a solar panel installer as there are many electrical components involved when installing a system. The wiring must be installed correctly in order to work properly and safely.
- Great attention to detail – to be able to ensure that all components and solar panel installations comply with the manufacturer’s specifications.
Solar Panel Installation Jobs
Are you in search of a solar panel installation job? Do you possess all the skills and experience necessary to become a solar panel installer? Well, look no further. I will recommend a good site where you can visit regularly for job updates and apply directly to that job if interested. Click here to visit the site. For the purpose of this article and the reader’s education, I will attach one solar panel install job and the link.
Solar Panel Install Job:
“Electrical and Electronics Engineering” preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills