TotalEnergies Nigeria has been a dominant player in the Nigerian oil and gas industry for more than 50 years, leading both the upstream and downstream sectors. TotalEnergies Nigeria Plc effectively manages downstream operations with a broad distribution network of over 500 service stations nationwide, offering a diverse range of high-quality energy products and services. The company’s upstream activities are conducted by several subsidiaries, including TotalEnergies EP Nigeria Limited (TEPNG), which operates the NNPC/TEPNG Joint Venture, as well as TotalEnergies Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) and other TotalEnergies E&P Deepwater subsidiary companies.
Job Title: Production Operator
- PORT HARCOURT-OML58(NGA)
- To monitor and operate safely and efficiently all production processes and equipment associated with company’s oil / gas production, pipelines, flowlines, utilities, and safety systems to achieve production targets.
- To act as Operating Authority Representative and Area Operator to carry out permit-to-work onsite validation, participation in Job Risk Assessment Review, Life Saving Checks, Safety Greenlight and Toolbox talks Sessions at work Site job location and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place before starting of jobs.
- To supervise work crews to ensure operating practices are in accordance with Operational safely regulations.
- To carry out first level maintenance on instrumentation, pumps and other production equipment. (eg valve greasing, pump tests, sight glass cleaning, instrument checks, purging, flushing. draining, filter changeover /, easy fix, etc.)
- Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, and inerting of equipment as necessary for safe handover of equipment for interventions by third parties.
- Actively participate in all HSE Meetings, and Events, including but not limited to the weekly site general housekeeping exercise, raising anomaly reports and follow through of anomalies to closure.
- To carry out routine site rounds, safety tours, and line walks with ATEX Electronic devices for the reporting of process parameters, unusual noise, vibration, leaks, spills, cracks, anomalies, etc. to ensure that all relevant data is accurately recorded and reported daily.
- Advise the Chief Production Operator of any potentially hazardous situations to ensure the earliest possible return to completely safe working conditions.
- Report any abnormal observation / variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, equipment malfunctions, plant integrity infringement, and raise SAP notifications, where necessary, for correction.
- To ensure that all installations and assigned work areas are kept safe and clean and that a safe secure working environment always exists on the installation. with particular regard to the permit to work procedures.
- Be fully aware of emergency procedures to be capable of immediately assuming the appropriate responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- Participate as ERIT team members during Emergency drills and real incidents for intervention.
- Responsible for starting up and shutting down plant operations under normal and emergency situations.
- Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Critical Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves, etc) and fill out the relevant log sheets.
- Participate in periodic pigging operations, well testing, equipment commissioning and changeover, and start-up activities of new unit as required.
- To carry out any other duties assigned to him/her that are within his capabilities and for which he has received appropriate training.
- To follow up daily chemicals injections rate in collaboration with the Laboratory personnel and CCR and perform chemical injection rates adjustment, chemical charging as may be required.
- To be aware of Site procedures, Standing Instructions, long-term isolations, maintenance inhibitions, downgraded situations, temporary modifications onsite and ensure their associated mitigating measures are in place.
- Share Technical and Safety Observations with other team members through various forms namely: verbal submissions during team meetings; issuance of Statement of the Problems Report, and Presentations at HSE and/or Production Meetings
- To consistently display courage to use the STOP CARD whenever unsafe conditions are observed onsite, promptly correct the situations, and share feedbacks with all concerned.
- To understudy experienced Control Room / External Operators in the safe and correct operation of equipment.
Context and Environment
Depending on work location assignment, which could be Onshore, Conventional Offshore or Deep Offshore.
- National Diploma or intermediate City & Guilds in any engineering disciplines
- Production operator certification training (French BOA, or OPITO equivalent – OGTAP)
- 2 -3 years’ experience in Oil & gas processing platforms, FPSO or similar processing plant
Demonstration of ownership and collaboration with other entities to monitor and operate efficiently and safely all production processes and equipment associated with oil/gas production installations in the fields of assignment.
Region, department, locality