Eni is one of the most important, vertically integrated energy companies in the world. It operates in the oil, natural gas, electricity production, engineering, construction and petrochemical products sectors. It is constantly working to build a future where everyone can access energy resources efficiently and sustainably. Apply for Assistant Manager, Drilling Operations at Eni Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Drilling Operations
Reference ID: IRC221723
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Professional Family: Well Area Coordination
Work pattern: 6/2 – 6/2 – 6/3
- We require the services of an Assistant Manager, Drilling Operations within NAOC in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. You will be responsible for providing, based on the general programmed and of instructions received, for the evaluation of the most suitable sequence of wells and rigs to be used, in order to minimize cost.
As a member of the well operations team at NAOC you will be responsible for:
- Providing for the preparation, from the general programmed and instructions received, of the annual drilling programmed, interacting with other relevant units to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensuring the correct and effective carrying out of drilling, in terms of depth, direction, time, costs while the geological programmer is defined by the Exploration Department.
- Preparing and controlling, as Budget Sub-item Holder, the pertinent budget sub-items and their periodic revision.
- Ensuring that the activities carried out by contractors follow the time and cost budget and in accordance with good petroleum engineering practice.
- Keeping abreast of developments in drilling technology and to assist his superior in ensuring the appraisal, training, and professional development of his personnel in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Maintaining contact with ENI Div E&P, NNPC, DPR and with other oil companies, to give, receive or exchange materials, etc.
- Participating as a member of the Emergency Task Force in the event of a blow-out of a well and to carry out other duties assigned to him by his superior.
- Participating, when required, in Technical Committee Meetings.
- Supervising drilling activities and associated contractors; to report any technical or economic deviations from original scope of approved drilling programmer to Management through his superior, proposing necessary changes in the well target if there are operational constraints; ensures the timely supply of materials and control of the contractor’s invoices.
- Evaluating the need for services, equipment, and materials and to provide for the issuing of requisitions; provides, in co-operation with other units, for the definition of the economic level of the stock of drilling materials; participates in contract negotiations in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- B.Sc / HND in Geology / Petroleum Engineering or its equivalent
- Experience in the planning, drilling and operational activities
- A good practical experience in the safe drilling and logging of wells in order to fully meet prognosis targets in different operative and geological situations.
- Contractors involved in completion, work-over, activities
- Drilling and completion engineering co-coordinator, Mud engineer, General services for material and personnel movements, Q.A and Safety department, contracts department, Production dept.
- Considerable degree of analytical judgment in well operations activities. Makes a considerable number of non-routine decisions, with very significant time and cost implications
- Working experience in the field
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th May, 2023.