CA Global Headhunters is an international staffing company with a specific focus on recruitment in Africa. Our extensive, diverse candidate network built up over 10 years comprises the most skilled and experienced candidates. We recruit talent of the highest standards across African sectors, including Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities, and Agriculture. As African markets continue to grow and develop, so too does our skill and expertise, ensuring that we deliver the best service to both clients and candidates.
Thanks to our access to global networks and resources, we understand our clients’ cultures, operations, business strategies, and industries. We are always on par with the latest technologies and trends which assist us in sourcing the best talent for clients. Whatever stage of the project lifecycle, we can put forward the right candidates with the right skills.
Our client is seeking an IT Superintendent who will manage the organizations’ computer systems, including software, hardware and networks. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, installing, and supporting the entire system and knowledgeable in computer systems, such as security infrastructure and / or telecommunications. Furthermore, the incumbent will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs; along with complying with group standards.
- Support the IT Manager in managing information technology and computer systems.
- Comply to HSE and operating standards and procedures.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Support the IT Manager to manage IT staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- IT Helpdesk management.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Assist the IT manager to audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Must document system configurations, updates they make to a system and any new procedures or policies created in their work.
- Their documentation is used by other IT staff or management to see what changes or creations have been made to their systems.
- Oversee IT staff and coordinate with vendors and internal users when implementing a new system.
- Setup meetings, present information and order supplies and equipment when working on a project.
- Asset Management – to track, audit and register all IT Departmental assets, including desktop computers, laptops, printers, smart phones and assets as defined by the IT manager.
- Maintain up-to-date asset register internally and provide reports when requested.
- Create, configure, maintain and administer servers on site as well as in Azure cloud.
- IT Stock control: Manage stock levels and purchase as required to avoid downtime.
READ ALSO: The Benefits of Battery-Powered Candles
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Azure – Active Directory.
- 5+ years’ experience in a large organization, preferred in a mining environment – excess of 300 users.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Service Desk management and/or administration.
- Diploma in Computer Systems
- Proven working experience in an IT Supervisory role – Superintendent or Manager.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Infrastructure knowledge in relation to LAN – Fiber optics, switchgear, wireless bridges, access points and other as defined by the IT Manager.
- A+, N+, MCSE / MCSA, CCNA.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 9/3 Roster
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.