Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Responsible for the planning, selecting and buying of necessary tools, spare parts, equipment and associated logistics to various units in the plant.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Develop and maintain good relationship with vendors/suppliers
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers and their price options
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing and other important data
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders. Weekly update of all tracking portals for provision of up to date information and aid management decision
- Responsible for issuing request for quotation for all major equipment and services supplies.
- Prepare technical and financial comparison sheets for different tenders for major or expensive equipment.
- Ensure a follow-up of all client instructions and agreements according to prices negotiation and conditions for the delivery time of all purchased material
- Develop and maintain up-to-date library of suppliers and products and services catalogs.
- Ensure availability of the right quality and quantity of the material required in the plant. Escalate any quality discrepancies to suppliers and management
- Optimize procurement lead time and cost of materials procured within the guideline and control parameters
- Monitor vendors to ensure contractual obligations are timely met
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to prevent non- mechanical and mechanical materials from being out of stock
- Work with team members, senior procurement officer, technical lead and procurement manager to complete duties as needed
- Awareness, understanding and application of Quality & HSE policies on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process objectives
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the IMS, including the benefits of improved performance
- Awareness of the risks of not conforming with the EGBIN IMS requirements
Education And Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration and Engineering or any other relevant Degree
- Post graduate Degree or certifications in Supply Chain or any relevant field will be an added advantage
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience as a procurement officer or related position.
Skills And Competencies
- Ability to negotiate, establish and administer contracts
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Good understanding of the supply chain management procedures
- Knowledge of supply management software
- Excellent Computer Appreciation Skills
- Knowledge of contract and commercial law
- Excellent time management.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.