CA Global Headhunters is an international staffing company with a specific focus on recruitment in Africa. Our extensive, diverse candidate network built up over 10 years comprises the most skilled and experienced candidates. We recruit talent of the highest standards across African sectors, including Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities, and Agriculture. As African markets continue to grow and develop, so too does our skill and expertise, ensuring that we deliver the best service to both clients and candidates.
Thanks to our access to global networks and resources, we understand our clients’ cultures, operations, business strategies, and industries. We are always on par with the latest technologies and trends which assist us in sourcing the best talent for clients. Whatever stage of the project lifecycle, we can put forward the right candidates with the right skills.
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking an Operations Specialist who will enable and support the technical in-country exploration team to conduct work in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Explore, evaluate, and recommend options for safe, efficient, and cost-effective operating options in remote project locations in Angola.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and the administrative team in the implementation and management of contracts associated with (i) field services, (ii) logistics & transport, (iii) warehouses, and (iv) earthmoving.
- In cooperation with the in-house team and contract partners design field camps and implement their construction and removal where required.
- Lead the Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) risk assessment process for various project areas and ensure implementation of the preferred risk mitigation strategy.
- Support remote field camps and operations by maintaining efficient supply lines, enabling field site access by means of road or air, or other technical support services.
- Collaborate with technical teams on planning and implementation of field campaigns.
- Manage purchases of supplies and items for field campaigns.
- Ensure the efficient functioning and operational availability of the vehicle fleet, including maintenance and repairs, equipment to company field standards, functioning of installed safety devices and on-board safety equipment.
- Responsible for keeping various field and core yard equipment in good working order, including the scheduling of maintenance, and keeping of inventory.
- Consistent application of Safety & Health principles in exploration programs and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities.
- Act as a role model and reinforce a workplace culture where safety and health for the site is paramount.
- Assess SHEC compliance and suitability of contractors prior to and during engagement.
- Participate in processes that build relationships with key local stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with company standards, including the Social Way and SHE Way.
- Lead effective contractor management processes for the discipline.
- Hold individuals within discipline to account in line with their role authority and accountability structures.
- Ensure compliance with company requirements within discipline on site.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- +15 years’ experience of in Mineral Exploration or Mining with sound knowledge of logistics, running of remote field operations, and contractor management.
- Higher education degree desirable, preferably in a field related to Mining, Geology, HSE and/or Project Management.
- Remote field operations in areas far from established supply lines.
- Building and managing field camps.
- Off-road /4×4 driving and vehicle recovery.
- Overseeing earthwork contractors using equipment such as dozers, graders, TLBs.
- Track record in coordinating complex operations, involving multiple contractors, and challenging external environments.
- Track-record in successful project management and delivery.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.