CA Global Headhunters is an international staffing company with a specific focus on recruitment in Africa. Our extensive, diverse candidate network built up over 10 years comprises the most skilled and experienced candidates. We recruit talent of the highest standards across African sectors, including Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities, and Agriculture. As African markets continue to grow and develop, so too does our skill and expertise, ensuring that we deliver the best service to both clients and candidates.
Thanks to our access to global networks and resources, we understand our clients’ cultures, operations, business strategies, and industries. We are always on par with the latest technologies and trends which assist us in sourcing the best talent for clients. Whatever stage of the project lifecycle, we can put forward the right candidates with the right skills.
Our client is in search of a Senior Explosives Engineer from an underground blasting background in the mining industry to join their team on site in Limpopo.
- Driving the implementation and development of new blasting technology and methodology on site.
- Ensuring safe and effective product and service implementation.
- Risk management and mitigation.
- Stakeholder engagement and ensuring effective communication at all levels.
- Forecasting and inventory control.
- Blasting design, data management and supervising blasting activity.
- Providing technical expertise in troubleshooting and equipment maintenance.
- Reporting and KPI management.
- Managing and developing customer relationship.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring site safety requirements are adhered to and actively promoted.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mining Engineering Degree or similar technical qualification.
- Blasting certificate.
- Explosives Engineering diploma.
- 5 years previous experience in an Explosives Engineer role within underground mining environments.
- 3 years’ experience in Site Supervisor or more senior level positions.
- Competent with general drill & blast designs and able to undertake complex blast designs and troubleshoot customer queries.
- Competent in pre and post blast measurement and assessment techniques.
- Previous experience providing mentoring and training across various levels.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 12 month contract.
- Relocation to Limpopo required.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.