Vagan Oil and Gas Limited is a Nigerian Private Limited liability Company registered under the Companies Acts of 1990, In line with the policies of the Nigerian service provision. The company core area of operation is to provide a broad spectrum of services ranging from Engineering, Pipeline & Flowline Construction / Repairs, Facility piping and maintenance, Wellhead & Christmas tree maintenance and servicing, Composite wrap technology, Equipment & Offshore / Marine Supplies, etc. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician Support (Workshop)
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: 15th May 2023
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years HANDS-ON experience in Caterpillar Engines/Gen Sets (35-series & C-series), expert utilization of specialist diagnostic tools & equipment (e.g. ET, DDT)
Technology / Equipment Competences:
- Knowledge level at Caterpillar gas/diesel engines troubleshooting
- Knowledge level at use of Caterpillar diagnostic tools (ET, DDT, FUEL TIMING & MANO-METER)
- Knowledge level at engine overhaul process
- Knowledge level at Technical report writing
- Must have good problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to pay attention to details
- Must have good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Must have certification(s) related to subject scope of works, to be considered added advantage
- Must have HSE Training Certificate, to be considered added advantage
- Any other technical qualification is an added advantage
Technical Skills (Added advantage):
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth discipline expertise to the operation and maintenance of rotating equipment in remote locations
- Ability to review and analyze all equipment failure pattern.
- Ability to trend failure pattern and offer permanent solution.
- Ability to work on engines (diesel & gas) and pumps without supervision.
- Ability to lead and manage technical crew for field call-outs.
- To support other Teams for intervention activities in utility power sub-stations and locations
- Ability to carry out troubleshooting on diesel / gas engines and pumps
- Ability to carry put repair works on engine accessories (starter motor, butterfly assembly, diesel/gas engine fuel systems, emergency shutdown switches etc)
- Ability to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on rotating equipment (Engines, pumps, compressors)
- Ability to execute routine FLM (First Line Maintenance) checks on running equipment
- Support in carrying Fluid-End inspection on reciprocating pumps
- Ability to work in AGG air compressors, emergency fire pumps.
- Ability to use / operate power and hand tools and machinery to perform various inspections, repairs and analysis on equipment
- Ability to use diagnostic tools during overhaul and troubleshooting (ET, DDT, FUEL TIMING & MANO-METER)
- Ability to provide technical support to contractor, analyzing, identifying mechanical potential problems.
- The work location is mostly office based. There is however periodical visit to East Asset Fields/facilties accessible via land transport, helicopter or boat, as business demands.
- Personnel shall manage own absences with his/her contractor for suitable qualified covers, as approved by Client.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.