Since its establishment in 1948, Chiyoda’s business field has covered energy such as oil and gas industry and chemicals, environment, energy conservation, industrial facilities and life science.
Chiyoda now engages in numerous Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) and other type of projects around the world.
Chiyoda Corporation Yokohama,
Location: Japan Contractor
Chiyoda is now hiring a Design Safety Engineer to work at the Chiyoda Global Headquarters (CGH) office in Yokohama, Japan. This assignment is expected to begin ASAP, and with possible extension depending on work situation.
To work within the Safety Department and as Design Safety Engineer, responsible for execution of design safety studies and communicating the outcomes to project team and/or relevant engineering disciplines.
- Execute design safety studies/activities such as Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment (FERA), Bow-Tie Analysis, Performance Standards, ALARP Demonstration and Design Safety Case employing 3rd party safety consultant, as required
- Execute consequence (or physical effects) modelling including dispersion (flammable/toxic), thermal radiation and explosion – running general purpose software such as PHAST, FRED
- Prepare design safety documents such as HSE plans, design safety philosophy, technical reports
- Prepare engineering drawings such as Electrical Hazardous Area Classification drawings, Escape Route Layout drawings, Safety Equipment Layout drawings
- Understand Invitation To Tender (ITT) requirements for the studies/activities
- Verify client’s job specification standards and prepare technical queries and spec deviation when required
- Prepare requisition of the studies/activities for an inquiry to third party safety consultants.
- Review and comment on study reports by third party consultants
- Communicate with project management team/engineering disciplines and explain requirements from safety studies/activities for implementation in the design.
- Bachelor of Technology or Engineering Degree
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Oil and Gas Projects
- Minimum 10 Years of Design Safety experiences
- Sound knowledge of safety studies/activities such as QRA, FERA, Bow-Tie Analysis, Performance Standards, ALARP Demonstration and Design Safety Case
- Experience of running consequence (or physical effects) modelling software
- Sound knowledge of engineering such as hazardous area, escape route and safety equipment
- Experiences of workshop involvement, such as HAZID, HAZOP and SIL
- Process engineering knowledge of Oil and Gas facilities
- Understanding P&ID/PEFS
- Sound knowledge in International standards such ISO, NFPA, API and EI (formerly IP)
- Knowledge in Oil and Gas Projects execution
- Good English conversation / writing skill
- Safety conscious
- Effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Assertive character and self-motivated individual
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities
- Competent computer skills using Standard MS software, and databases
- Ability to address and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate ability to handle constantly changing and emerging priorities
- Ability to understand and comply with the Corporate HSE Policy and Project HSE Policy
- Preferably has experience of leadership and coaching roles
- Ideally has experience of workshop or meeting facilitation
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Dispersion (Optics)