Req No.: 44227BR
Employment Status: Full Time
Organization: Global Industrial Gases
Business Sector / Division: Industrial Gases Americas
Region: North America
Country: United States
Job Description and Qualifications
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse, and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s Possible
The position is for a Maintenance and Service Technician in the greater Milwaukee, WI area, reporting directly to the Area Maintenance Manager. Military personnel and Technical School graduates are encouraged to apply!
$10,000 sign on bonus for qualified external candidates.
Install, repair and maintain cryogenic liquid and industrial and process gas supply and delivery systems (nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen and helium) including pumping and high-pressure compression, and gas generation systems in the greater Milwaukee, WI area.
Position is Remote (residence-based) and will travel to customer sites daily generally within a 200-mile radius of home. Don’t have skills or knowledge in cryogenics or industrial gases? That’s OK, come join our Maintenance team, and we will provide field service technician training!
- Service Air Products cryogenic, high pressure, generated gas, and associated equipment at customer sites all over assigned region. Occasionally supervise contractors and crane activity.
- Schedule and pay: hourly with opportunity for OT. Some overnights required. Occasional after hours and/or weekend call outs, 24/7 availability. Work outside.
- Learn new skills. Learn and work in a dynamic global industry, customer-facing.
- Company truck. Company gas card. Company tools. Company computer and phone. Company training. Company uniforms. Company PPE. Upward mobility driven by you. On the job training. Great team.
- Physical Demands: Drive, climb, lift, carry, push, tighten, loosen, drill, saw, crawl, bend, wrench, shovel, etc. Outdoors in all weather, all year.
- Safety: Ability and desire to put safety first; above production, efficiency, speed, external pressure, and profits.
- High school diploma or equivalent with validated experience.
- Technical degree preferred (but not required)
- Clean MVR
- Technical Skills: Ability to use hammers, drills, hammer drills, core drills, hand saws, power saws, wrenches, pliers, hand tools, brazing torches, and ladders. Welding a plus, but not required.
- Troubleshooting: Excellent troubleshooting skills. Ability to look at the big picture, diagnose, and repair complex problems.
- Electrical: Should be comfortable working on deenergized circuits up to 480V. Able to trace and measure voltage/amperage on instrumentation circuits.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of piping, regulators, valves, pumps, compressors.
- Communication: Ability to be a primary interface between Air Products and our customers. Ability to communicate between the field and Air Products Management, Sales, and Engineering.
- Should be a self-starter, fast learner, have a desire to learn and grow, desire to be challenged. Comfortable working alone for long periods of time. Works well with others. Must have and maintain a good driving record. Must be able to work in US.
- Military experience as a Machinist Mate, Electricians Mate, Electronic Technician, Aircraft Maintenance, or Cryogenic Technician would be well suited for this role. Technical School Graduates with experience in areas of Process or Electrical Technology, Industrial Systems, Electrical Power and Controls, Electromechanical Technology, HVAC would be well suited for this role.
- Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, welding, repair, construction, vehicle mechanic, small engine repair, fabricating, crane and rigging, fuel industry, general maintenance skills parallel with this role.
We are the world’s largest hydrogen producer with over 80 years of industrial gas experience. We are hydrogen experts delivering safe, end-to-end solutions, investing in real, clean energy projects at scale, and driving the industry forward to generate a cleaner future.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at email@example.com. General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.